26 July 2007

my head


(if you live near me, just show up at like 11 PM and we can hang on my tiki torch lit porch - cool?) my head feels funny today. I just lied. I haven't really ever felt anything in my head. Normal ailments wreak havoc (awesome last two words) on tons of people in the world. Me, I don't feel much. Sure, I felt my ankle when it turned black and blue and was a near fracture, but otherwise I don't have pain (other than my immense pain being I'm a man that can't cry). I don't get headaches, I don't get acid reflux, I don't get joint pain yet....of course I bet we all have a cancer boiling inside of us. I just can't feel mine.


I just photographed my passion on the front stoop. Interestingly enough I am finally able to identify most of my "local" bugs. On tonight's porch was the obvious katydid, stink bug, and mayfly. Funny thing is that while most people do realize there are a lot of insects, that there are 100 times the species of each species you can think of out there. For instance stink bug. When I looked up the generic stink bug the other day I was told by researchers that there are 100s just in this region. Messed up if you ask me. More so than the stupid news. And to think I can only picture the green one and the brown one. And of course the Mayfly has such a release and death schedule that only extreme fly fisherman know their release from the water patterns. Back to the porch, very cool that the katydid was out there. Earlier I observed him or her making it's call. There is a click where the whole body pops and the main long drawn out loud noise you hear in most trees during the summer - created while they separate their wings and make a gap in the part of the thorax thus creating noise. Not so obvious worldly insects on the porch tonight were the hummingbird moth (yes, moth out at night - funny because this is a daytime moth for those that don't know), rainbow leafhopper, stonefly look-a-likes, a caddisfly, and many moths with pointy noses. Oh yeah, cucumber beetle out there too. Also firefly (of which there are like 900 in PA - mostly categorized by their extreme differences in mating blinks). And earlier in the garage was a giant firefly which wasn't really a firefly but I will just call it that until I finally look that bastard up in the book (looked it up, it was a grape leaf skeletonizer, awesome name good job whoever, see above - that's from my garage) that only has like 10% of the bugs in this area listed. Ahhh, what am I talking about?


Within the last month or so I have tested the waters which are Led Zeppelin. 85 songs to be exact. A bit overrated, but overall not bad. I'll get back to that soon because I have also found a world which is yacht rock (aka Michael McDonald, Ambrosia, and Bread).

No comments: