01 July 2008

...in 2005

...in 2005, March 10th to be exact, I received word back from my application to Waste Management. Here is what they said, nicely put I might add, but I was saddened:


Thank you for your interest in Waste Management. At this time, you are no longer being considered for the position of your choice based on a careful review of your interests and qualifications. However, we will maintain your information for 12 months and notify you if you are selected for future openings better matching your qualifications.


I wonder what exactly it takes? I mean no offence to the profession at all, honestly, it is something I've always wanted to do. I wish I had a Tuesday route only, or something like that. Just to be free of corporate america or the like. I'd love to be flying on the back of the truck, with my hair blowing the way of the wind. I'd get a devil's haircut and rock out for sure. Anyway, still bummed since 2005 and it is one email I'll never forget. I just wonder if in the end, with constant pursuit, I'd land a job? I honestly want this to be my fall back position. Damn it all to heck man.

No comments: