10 November 2008

A+ movie....

okay, for all of you that have followed my bizarre route to good movies and have liked my previous recommendations (you know who you are), you have to check out this 1994 Italian winner - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109592/


This is no joke people, if you have an open mind and liked my other recommendations that were a bit off the wall (Wickerman, Meet the Feebles, etc.) - this movie is for you. Actually, the Wickerman and Meet the Feebles, among others, might even be a bit too much for some while this movie has something for everyone. Sure it's a zombie movie, but it is also a bizarre dark comedy and a love story with great cinematography and imagery. The zombie part is actually almost behind the scenes theme-wise - though remaining important to the plot - it is more of an undertone and way of life for the main character(s). Dellamorte Dellamore (aka the Cemetery Man) ranks #38 on my all-time list, just below the Last of the Mohicans and just above the Godfather part I and Deadbeat at Dawn.


I recommend reading the user reviews on the IMDB sight, they are more poetic than I. Still, go rent it already.....

No comments: