31 March 2008

what is wrong with me?

As some may know, I have allowed myself to FINALLY listen to music from before I was born. Today I listened to Jethro Tull for the first time that I am aware of. They are coming to MusicFest this year by the way. Maybe I'll go. So here's how it went down: I pushed shuffle on my buddies iPod and the first song was Aqualung (out of 102 possible Tull songs) and apparently this one was really famous. I sat there and said, "wow, this is really good" not recognizing it at all. I listened for a few more minutes and they are now my favorite band. Seriously, life should be interesting going forward. I have so much to catch up on. I got really good at listening to music from "now" but now I have to back track to music from "then" and see what floats to the top. It's like I am listening to the music that influences the music that I already know. Fun. I'm taking recomendations....feel free to let me know of some good albums/groups. So far I have Tull and Zeppelin covered, and I listened to one Cream album the other day that I really liked. And probably the Beatles and some Floyd are covered, but more the famous stuff for the Beatles and odd stuff for Floyd (that's just how it worked out over time when someone said, "hey listen to this"). I'd be up for some "odd" Beatles if anyone knows of any....


What's next you may ask? Well, maybe I'll start watching movies that were out before 1970. We'll see about that. Take care now.

No comments: