20 July 2011

An American Werewolf in London * 14 (A)

I had thought I had seen this movie before but I'm 99% sure I'm wrong. I think I only saw the first 15 minutes or so when they entered the Slaughtered Lamb pub and then them walking on the road (I know, pretty intense, I saw a ton of the movie prior). I owned this on VHS so it's really a shame I didn't keep watching as there were some really memorable scenes. Below is one of my favorites:


Very Peter Jackson-esch of old! Love it! First, I never knew the one main "good" guy dies immediately, so when that happened I was like, "No WAY, that didn't just happen". But then the movie led me down the fun path and I understood why he died. Great scene with the other main guy turning into a wolf. I watched that twice. This was a 5 star all around, should have trusted the Netflix viewers like me who rated it a 4.5+. Good day.

Also, great soundtrack!

No comments: