16 July 2011

Monsters 10 (A)

Hmmm. Rave reviews and this movie went no where. It was almost like watching Stalker. I'm beginning to think I don't like any movies anymore. I need to step it up and watch a good one to get me out of my funk. I guess Harry Potter was good, so there's that. Also Rubber. Okay, I feel better now. Anyway, back to Monsters. It could have been way cooler.

-- I started writing the above with 33 minutes left in the movie, my new opinion is below --

This movie got real cool within the last 30 minutes. Ever since about when they woke up after the attack at night, about an hour in, where you couldn't see anything...from there going from their morning findings, followed by sleeping on Chiten Itza, and their journey into the USA and at the gas station...good journey/plot/film. I enjoyed it, especially the last 10 seconds. Cool ending.

No comments: