26 August 2011

#33: Mars Needs Moms (B+)


Well, I almost cried...almost. They threw that scene in the end and I almost lost it. Also, my kids were watching with their jaws open wide so it made it more surreal. I can tell you that after the movie, my boys wanted to hug their mom.

The movie was a good adventure. Good stuff for a kids movie. I would like to see this again sometime. There was some good metaphors (if that is the right word) in there about what "cave men" aliens would be like if left without guidance and training/knowledge, as well as some nice references to their "cave drawings". I enjoyed this flick. I was initially scared that it would be too hardcore for the 6 year olds but it was okay.

One of the coolest parts of this movie was how we watched it. We projected it onto a garage and watched it outside, with some bowls of popcorn and drinks.

No comments: