23 November 2012

Wreck-It Ralph (B+) #171

Good family fun here.  I took all my guys to see this one...and after a few bathroom trips, I think I saw 94% of the flick by the end!  :)  Man, if I was a kid today watching this movie...I would be totally excited at the thought of this make believe world.  It was like Toy Story, but for kids that like video games.  At night, when the arcade closes, the games "come alive" and the characters from each game can go through their power chords and into the power strip aka the central station.  There they can party together all night as long as they get back before the arcade opens in the morning, and as a rule they MUST NOT die outside of their game or they will be gone forever.

Is there some sort of psychology behind making the characters look just like John C. Reilly, Jane Lynch, and Sarah Silverman?  I just wonder why they do this?  I guess it helps them to do the voice?  But, do they do the voice first or drawing first?  I'm going to ask SA to explain it to me.  Good thing there wasn't a Mario or Luigi main character because they'd have to John Leguizamo to read the lines.  But really, I ask again why do they make the characters look like the actors doing the voice?  Ralph even had John C's gap in his tooth.  Craziness.

Last note to remark on before I do some interviews - does anyone think that they had to pay royalties to use the video game characters in the movie?  For those that have seen this, you know that most of the games were made up and most of the characters were nobodies.  That is except for the few real characters that they used - namely Sonic, Pac-man and Blinky, Q-Bert and Bowser.  I just wish they were able to have free reign and put guys like Karnov, or the Contra twins, or Dig Dug, and maybe the dude from Frostbite in the movie.

I decided to interview 4 random kids who saw the movie, and their interview reaction/answers are below:

Kid #1: It was a good movie, I liked it a lot.  I really enjoyed the part when Ralph licked the little green sour guy.  I also liked when um Ralph, don't write um....hahahahaha.  Dad, erase that!  I knew who Q-Bert was because we watched him on YouTube (c).  I laughed during the Hero's Duty jokes.  Is that enough?

Kid#2: I barely liked it, but most of it was funny.  Like, um, I think it was like, it was like um, a....like, um...may I please have a drink?  My favorite game in there was like, um, when he was in Sugar Rush when he went through and then he punched the thing of the doom pit, and all of the bugs went to the light, even King Candy.  Can you get rid of the may I please have a drink part?

Kid #3: I like it.  Wreck it Ralph destroyed the little girl's car.  Um, he wrecks stuff.  My favorite part was when the little girl showed Wreck it Ralph her home and when Wreck it Ralph helped her make her car.  I like the whole thing.  We saw the Wreck it Ralph whole movie.  I want to watch the movie again.  Dad, why are you writing that?

Kid #4: I like Wreck it Ralph breaking the little girl's car.  And I like all of it.  (What else?  What was your favorite parts?)  All of them!

Ok this is me again...that worked pretty well.  My interview skills are lacking I suppose.  I also noted a glitch in the movie, it happened a few times actually.  When you watch you will likely see what I'm talking about.  It's pretty obvious.



(c)

No comments: