13 November 2012

Get the Gringo #168 (C)

Okay, it got better....glad I finished it.

First, is gringo something bad?  I feel like they shouldn't have named this movie gringo.  Like that's a bit taboo maybe?  Perhaps I'm wrong.

20 seconds in and it's loud as all hell....then they push pause on the scene and I'm pretty sure Statham is talking.  Not only did I have to rewind but I had to turn the movie up 16 more notches to hear.  Then, of course I heard, and the volume/music goes right back up and I'm blasting out my house.  Shit....what the hell?  Don't people edit movies?  What is wrong with Mel, Statham, and Liam Neeson?

I'm sorry, I really want to like this flick...but why is he narrating this?

"El Hefner"...haha!  That was a good line.  Okay, let's give this a chance.

21 minutes in and I can't hear again.  Goddamn.  I'm a complainer for sure.  But why do they make movies like this?  Why are they seemingly whispering, yet just having a regular conversation.  I'm going to have to watch this one another night.  I need some senseless horror.  Till another time gringo....till another time.

I picked it back up again and gave it another chance.  I can agree, the flick was pretty good.  But there was so much that was just impossible.  Very quietly, Mel is basically better than Tom in MI and better than Bond for the most part.  By that I mean, stuff was happening with the plot that was too perfect.  Just insane.  No matter how much of an awesome criminal he was, just plain impossible.  At the end he just walks back into the prison....kills the 10 guys in his way...and walks out with the girl, the kid, and the money??  C'mon.  Despite this, I liked the movie semi-well.   I guess I'm saying, put this aside and ignore the crazy impossible factor, and it's a good action flick.

This means, I'll give Payback a chance.


No comments: