03 February 2012

Moneyball #107 (A-)

As a fan of baseball I thought this movie was great!  I've heard others in the world liked this too.  I wish it wasn't so focused on Hatteberg though, no offense to the guy...I guess I realize it's based on a true story.  Also, I thought a lot about (and asked people about it prior to seeing the movie) the players not being the real players but rather being actors.  They pulled it off pretty well and it wasn't that noticeable to me, but I'm pretty confident that Dave Justice, Jeremy Giambi, and Scott Hatteberg are doing nothing right now and could have played themselves in the movie.  I'm sure they could have all used a payday.

Has anyone seen Janet Jackson's Nutrisystem (c) commercial?  I just saw it for the first time.  I thought stuff like this was below the Jackson family?  Could you imagine Princess Beatrice of York did an infomercial?  Janet's tone and message (if you don't listen to the words) seem like she is begging for funds for a group of victims or something malnourished.  So soft, so nicely put...very gentle....and about a DIET SYTEM.  Crazy.  Here is it: Is Michael really dead?

No comments: