27 February 2012

The I Inside - #113 (C+)

Funny enough, I enjoyed this movie.  It definitely starts off well and might fizzle a bit by the end.  There was something pushing me towards liking it...probably because it was my favorite kind of plot and done semi-well to boot.  This kind of plot is what I talked about with The Matrix.  The main character doesn't know what's going on and the other supporting cast does.  Love that stuff!  However, this one wasn't ranked up as high as: The Wickerman or The Truman Show - but rather ranked up there with movies similar in nature to: Shutter Island, that one I recently watched with what's her name from Alpha Dog where she's in a mental ward and is having issues remembering and/or she is crazy....ugh, I just recently watched it and can't remember the name!?!  *I just looked back at the qlog* Ah yes, it's The Ward by John Carpenter.  So, what am I'm rambling about here?  The basic idea is this flick is semi-clunky but my favorite plot type, so it's not up there with the best in this "genre" but in the 2nd tiered category.

I do recommend this movie though, for sure.  It's tricky but also doesn't require too much mind function to get through.  I like Ryan Phillippe from an overall stance yet something in me thinks I might have liked his other movies better, all of them.  Says pretty good things for Ryan since I just rated this a high C.  (Actually I just looked it up and I didn't like The Way of the Gun, Antitrust, or Breach as much)

Handso, remember that movie you recently asked me to view where Paul Walker was in a cottage but also in a mental ward?  And he kept going outside and seeing a dog that he called "Dog" in the front yard trying to dig something up?  And Thelma from Scooby Doo was his love interest.  Lazarus Effect!  That is it!  (Man, this post is not going well) Well, The I Inside reminds me a lot of The Lazarus Effect.  So, since you liked that one - give The I Inside a chance.

No comments: