04 August 2012

#155 / Ted (B-)

I saw this movie opening week.....which was many weeks ago.  I don't know why I haven't written the blog entry yet.  My bad.  It was probably movie #140 not #155, but I just procrastinated on my job.  I'm at the point where I almost don't know what to say anymore about it.  I'll give it a whirl....

For those that think - ah, it's probably just another "funny" movie that everyone will flock to and might be just average, especially because it's about a freaking talking bear and has hit-or-miss Marky Mark as the main actor - I am here to tell you that it WAS indeed good (not as good as 21 Jump Street, if I am comparing summer comedies) and I laughed throughout the entire thing.  There is a ton of cursing though, so don't let your tots watch.

I recall they busted on most of the current pop culture icons.  The very last thing you see on the screen (not a plot spoiler at all) is that werewolf guy from Twilight.  The constantly shirtless guy who also did that Abduction movie, also performed shirtless.  The bust on Katy Perry was pretty funny as well.  One of my favorite scenes was when Marky was trying to guess Ted's girlfriend's name as they chatted on the couch.  Funny stuff.  I also liked all the Flash Gordon scenes.  Makes me want to watch the original Flash movie, seems totally epic and right up my alley.  And finally I could have done without the Fenway park scene(s).

Joe McHale played a good jerk boss role.  I was happy with his acting.  Also, Giovanni Ribisi's character was fun.  And while he and his son, Taylor Lautner, were a bit annoying as an addition to the plot - however their actual roles and such were good.  God, I feel like I'm writing like a 13 year old.  And like, it was so cool, and like, so awesome.  And like, so neat and stuff.  So like, I would totally own this one day...I liked it I think.....

Ok, that's the best I can do weeks later.  I also watched Deathrace 2000 a while ago and never wrote that one up, because my plan was to watch it again considering it was super awesome.  But now it has left instant stream and I cannot watch it again.  So I'll just need to buck up and write something from my not so fresh memory.

Update: it's December and they are ramping up the DVD of Ted for the holidays.  It's annoying.  So, I moved this movie down from a B+ to a B-.  I still laughed, but I think the commercials are weighing on me.

No comments: