10 January 2013

Argo #181 (B+)

Argo fuck yourself!

Despite knowing the plot - almost in it's entirety prior to arriving at the theatre...due to the promos/trailers - this was a well put together and well played out movie.  Good acting, well except for one person.  But I sort of blame Mr. Affleck for this, since he was the bearded director.  What I'm referencing here was that I saw that Rory Cochrane was in the movie and I got excited.  We all know him as Lucas from Empire Records, or as Ron Slater from Dazed and confused....or perhaps most notably as Brad from Right At Your Door.  Anyway, the reason I'm mad at Mr. Affleck is because Rory said 3 FULL SENTENCES THE ENTIRE MOVIE!  I admit, he's not the greatest actor, but he's good enough that he could have talked more than 3 times!  I know for a fact that this was based on real events, but what happened during those real events couldn't have been known, not cleanly anyway.  So Rory could have been more...that's what I'm saying.

But, it was a good action movie.  Fun to watch and exciting all at the same time.  Even with the whole idea already in my head.  Which is sort of odd.  I'd recommend it...thanks!

ARGO FUCK YOURSELF...



No comments: