10 January 2013

Brainscan #183 (B)

I like that this started right off, without hesitation....when he calls the hotline and the guy is right there, and says point blank "it's been decided..."

Do I have this correct?  Music by George Clinton?  If so, wow...doesn't sound like George Clinton.  Ok, I checked with a music friend and he said it is a different George Clinton...George K. Clinton I think.  The soundtrack was pretty fun, some Primus among others.

I've heard a lot about this movie over time, well mostly that it is one to watch.  So I finally decide to try it out.  And I was not disappointed.  The main bad guy, aka Trickster, was awesome.  I realize it was mostly hair and makeup.  So I looked him up a bit on IMDB (c) and he really hasn't done much - a lot of TV and shorts.  Too bad.  If I was creating a movie and needed a creepy guy I might give this guy a ring.  His name was T. Ryder Smith.  For the record he's not nearly as strange or good as the crazy guy they got to play in the movie Shadow.  Nuot Arquint kicks T. Ryder's ass.  Do yourself a favor and do a google (c) search for Nuot.  CRAZY!

Ok, back to Brainscan.  A boy (Edward Furlong) is so into everything horror that it basically bores him.  He then hears from his best friend that there is a new thing out there called Brainscan, which you have to order on-line (actually I guess it's over the phone, did they have the internet in the 80's??).  So he gets the first disk and boooooom, Trickster enters his life and his bedroom.  What happens then is basically Edward goes into a bunch of seemingly real horror scenarios, all within his own neighborhood, while he's "within" this game.  He thinks he's sleeping, but then when the murders become real and his town is rampant with reporters and cops, he starts to question what has happened and wants Trickster and this game to get out of his life.  A good love story is also built in.

No comments: