10 October 2011

#50 Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (C+)


MOST OF WHAT FOLLOWS IS TRUE.  -  I like that intro

I seriously could have done without the bike scene.  That was odd.

For those that believe 100% in classics and get pissed off when I say bad stuff about "good" things that everyone loves, please close your eyes as you read this.  Here goes...frankly, this was pretty slow.  I suppose I can see where the luster is, and I get that the acting is pretty good, but some of these older movies just don't have enough action or a gripping plot that keeps you wanting more.  Call me spoiled, but I like a bit more of both, heck, I don't need the action if the plot is clutch.   But for this movie, I feel like these guys are running from 7 guys on horses for what seems like an hour and a half, then they go to Bolivia, then they die.  I think I'd rather watch Boxcar Bertha.  I definitely would rather watch The Bridge on the River Kwai, Diabolique, Papillon, or Sorcerer.  Or what was that Clint Eastwood movie with the monkey and the brother that fought people?  That movie was good.  

I will also say this, I don't know what was better - this movie or Easy Rider.  Both were pretty drawn out - and both are the best as the movie is ending (although Easy Rider's end was a bit depressing).

Again, I'm sorry.  It's normally not a crowd pleaser to thrash a classic.  I am happy I saw it though.

No comments: