18 October 2011

Only Human / 53 (C-)

I really want to rate this lower.  The movie was slow and barely held my attention.  Add sub-titles to that and it becomes a clunker.  Perhaps a handful of funny situations were mixed in, but nothing really worth a future recommendation to a friend or for me to ever want to see it again.  The two guys I saw it with seemed to like it however, not sure if they were really being true with themselves though?!  :)  But I really did not like it.  The best part of the night for me was we all then sat through the first 20 minutes of Taxadermia after Only Human was done...that was interesting for sure.  We had some good laughs and a few "WTF" moments.  

The Big Year was WAY better than this movie...laugh out loud.

If I were going to suggest a foreign comedy, I'd start with recommending East is East.  A purely funny flick worth a repeat watch.  Good day.

No comments: