22 October 2011

Parenthood - 55 (B+)


They don't make movies like this anymore.  Seriously.  The comedies now a days are so over the top or so stupid that it's not even worth watching.  Great cast, great pace, and great topics.  This is a beautifully done hilarious movie.  Once you are a parent, it's even better to watch and relate.  

Being that this was my 2nd Steve Martin flick in a few days, I can confirm with 1,000,000 percent certainty that he was super hilarious back in the day, yet now he is under sub-par.  I need to look again, but I think his current eyebrows are grey, and that might be why he's not as funny now versus then.  

The coaching baseball scenes hit home the most with me.

The scene(s) that I could have done without was the curly haired son who had "Cool" and his gambling issues.  Remove that, and the movie is still good.  I think he and Steve Guttenburg might be brothers though.

No comments: