04 September 2011

#35 The Debt (A)

I saw this film with two of my buddies. First, I'd like to note that the previews for Ides of March, Haywire, and Dream House look good - although, is Dream House really a carbon copy of Shutter Island's story?

I absolutely loved this movie. Really, one of the best ones I've seen in a long time. High quality. One of the guys I went with was displeased with how the Islamic special forces were portrayed, as in, they should have been more on-point with less mistakes if any. The other guy wanted more action scenes. Me, I was on the seat of my chair and really enjoyed every moment. Even the tense scenes got more tense.

One of my favorite lines was when Helen Mirren told Tom Wilkensen, "God didn't make car b*mbs" and then he told her he wasn't referring to himself in a wheelchair. This doesn't make sense unless you see the movie, but in a movie that wasn't a comedy, I burst out laughing at these two lines.

Anyway, go see it.

No comments: