05 September 2011

36 / The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (C+)

Well, I guess this was pretty good, kind of. I think the random connection with the girl and the guy was a bit much, I mean, I know it wasn't really "random", but c'mon. And then another item that bothered me where the mystery clues that they were able to decipher. That was pretty far fetched. However, overall I suppose it was pretty okay. Basically nothing to write home about. Would I ever want to see this movie again? Probably not. I suppose my desire to see the next two in the trilogy is currently much less.

I had such high expectations of this film. Critics and Netflix (c) reviewers had so much good to say about it. It wasn't horrible, but it also wasn't something that I care to pass along to someone as a "must see". Again, I wanted it to be better. And the plot was NOTHING like I thought it would be. I guess due to the title and the cover of the movie, I didn't realize it would be about a hacker girl with crazy skills teaming up with a prison bound journalist while they research a 40 year old murder/missing persons case.

I just officially listed this as 3 out of 5 stars on Netflix (c) and dropped it from a B- to a C+. Perhaps if the "clues" weren't so random and cryptic, and thus more believable that they could figure them out, I might have been a bit more on-board with the movie.

No comments: