01 March 2012

Re-Animator 115 (B)

Well - I jotted down one thing during this movie which was something I didn't want to forget to talk about, and it was "throw cat, holy crap".  For those of you that have previously seen this horror classic, remember the first scene when the non-suspecting roommate heard cat noises coming from his renting roommate's room?  And then he went to find the cat, only to discover that the cat which was dead and in the refrigerator is now alive again?  And then in an effort to fend off this re-animated cat, at one point he throws it full speed against the wall of the basement.  Remember this scene??  Totally funny (not from a real life standpoint, but from a silly stand-point mid movie).  I laughed out loud at that scene.

There is a very Dead Alive feel throughout the 2nd half of Re-Animator.  Once they get to the morgue and all hell breaks loose, it gets pretty darned crazy.  You gotta love the one main surgeon that becomes re-animated yet doesn't have a head.  I bet they had a really fun time making those scenes come to life and putting together the plot!  All of the dead and naked morgue folk coming to life, haha!

I've heard Re-Animator 2 is even better, is this true homeys?

Sorry to the world that it took me so long to see this one.  I know, I call myself a horror fan but I should be ashamed.

No comments: