10 May 2012

box score

I'm in a very deep fantasy baseball league.  Something like 14 managers.  And we start 2 at each position plus some more UTIL spots.  To make it worse...it was an auction.  However, in this league...I own the man!  So I thought I'd check in to see what he was up to tonight in the box score.  I need to ensure he's still deserving of being my penciled in starting second basemen - along side Robinson Cano (remember, 2 per position).  Speaking of Keppinger, someone just nabbed Jed Lowrie in my 'other-much-smaller-league-but-where-we've-been-back-so-many-years-running-it's-super-competitive' league.  Ha!  Maybe my team will end up just fine in the end eh?  I need to figure out pitching now...that's the key to this league.  I already got the disciplined guys...starting at the top, with Jeff Keppinger.

Some of you might remember my post about Keppers, where I mentioned Ol' Joe Sewell....I mean, Kepp's no Joe Sewell....for you see and might well remember - Joe is the all-time leader in strike out percentage at 1.7% for  his career.   And my Duke boys friends...this late breaking news is no good.  I'm sorry to say tonight's box score was grim.  1 for 4 with a .313 average for the year in 68 ABs.  And Jeff......struck out.  That makes 2 strike-outs in 68 ABs.  Can someone calculate where that puts him against Sewell??? 

No comments: