04 December 2011

#78 Double Whammy (D+)

I really like Steve Buscemi and I mostly like Dennis Leary.  I'm not against Elizabeth Hurley.  But quite honestly, they are all best when they are cast as supporting actors.  Please note, this movie was lacking overall but had a few funny moments.  I think they were striving to make something excellent like 2 Days in the Valley, but it didn't work.  There was a filmed-on-a-soap-opera-set feel to the movie.  They threw in that guy from Scrubs...Donald Faison...and that pretty much sums up the movie.  As in, if a supporting actor from Scrubs is a main actor in this movie, it's destined to be a clunker.  I did laugh, so perhaps I should have rated this a C-, but didn't laugh enough for this to be considered up there with other C- movies I've watched, like Videodromme, Twilight, Only Human, or Lake Mungo.

FYI, Luis Guzman is awesome!

Lastly, what is Chris Noth attempting to achieve with this IMDB photo?  click here to see Chris Noth trying to be a psycho

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does imdb work? Are actors allowed to pick their own profile pic, edit their bio, etc?

Chris aka Q to the Slice said...

I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe that the actors can pick their own photo. If not, the guy in charge of Chris Noth's account is pretty cool.