30 December 2011

#88 / Repo Man (B+)

What a bizarre-ass movie.  Honestly, that was really weird.  There was a plot, but really it was nonsensical however something definitely worth seeing to find out what happens next.  It was a movie full of ambition that went nowhere, but on purpose.  Normally right up my alley and I suppose even though I couldn't quite figure this one out, I still have to admit that liked it a lot.  I appreciated that most of the scenes were in day light.  I appreciated the dialog as the random and motley repo crew drove around together discussing life.  I appreciated the acting and also the effects, which were good considering the age of the movie....all around, pretty darn solid.

I'm surprised so many people talk about this movie as if it were super popular - as in, a must see for an entire generation - I say that because this is something I find hard to believe.  It's a cult classic, I'd have to agree with that, yet I feel like the normal human wouldn't love this piece so I'm perplexed on why it's so notorious.

Emilio did a really good job as well.  I miss him.

The top review on Netflix (c) said something I can't say, something beyond my simple words and it made me laugh (read: I don't speak poetic like this guy does.  It almost reads as a critic's one line review on a magazine cover) "80's Reagan America viewed through LSD and alienation.  A feast for the sick mind!"

No comments: