20 June 2012

#138 House (D+)

There really wasn't too much to this movie.  And I'm shocked, to be honest, that "viewers like me" (per Netflix (c) standards) rated this movie almost a full 4 out of 5.  I guess that goes to show how wrong I am on other ratings??  Geez.  Well this one I rated a 2 out of 5.

Since there are many movies named House, I should clarify which one I watched.  This was the one with George Wendt and the Greatest American Hero, aka William Katt.  I wanted to point out that William Katt has listed his IMDB (c) picture as follows.  I'm prepared to have a discussion in the comments section about why this might be, aside from the fact that he played the voice of that dog in an animated movie...don't you think that it would make more sense to have his picture as the Greatest American Hero?  I mean, he's super famous for that role....or even a current headshot...but instead, he picks this dog looking at a candle.  Please do go nuts and let's discuss:




See below for screenshot of the movie poster to help add to the clarification.  From a plot standpoint though, it was just poor overall.  The acting was so-so.  It's about a guy (Greatest American Hero) that lost his son in a pool and is an award winning writer that everyone loves.  He goes to a house in the middle of a neighborhood for some solitude - a house which has had some previous "issues" as you could probably guess - his Aunt lived there and he grew up there when he was younger.  Then you have an annoying neighbor in George Wendt, constantly coming over and bothering the main character even at midnight for "snacks", and a shit-ton of flashbacks to his days in 'Nam (totally unnecessary - at least the amount of flashbacks is overwhelmingly many)....and throw in some monsters.  Overall, eh.

I also can't believe there is a House 2 and Netflix (c) users like me think that one is great too.  I can agree that a sequel can sometimes be better, for example Evil Dead or Troll.  It also says viewers that like House will also like Waxwork and The Gate, both movies I've reviewed on here and both okay and GREAT respectively.

Anyway, here are the pictures of the front of the movie "case":

(c)

Not to be confused with this epic hopefully to be seen soon:



No comments: