24 June 2012

#140 Enter the Dragon (A)

I'm sure everybody knows the plot of this one.  Well I for one have never seen it.  What a fantastic film.  Truly.  I always thought (because of all of the other kung-fu/karate movies) that there couldn't be a viable plot, that it would be just good martial arts.  Damn, this one had it's action AND the plot to boot.  I'm glad in Bruce's first planned fight he didn't even break a sweat or get hit once.  That is perfect.  "Oharra's treachery has disgraced us."

I loved the main characters....Jim Kelly, aka Black Belt Jones, was fantastic.  Why doesn't he have a picture on his IMDB (c) page?  I would have to say he's pretty famous so it seems reasonable.  Also John Saxon was good as well.  Although I don't think he really has any talent other than acting.  His action scenes were filmed from interesting angles, as in, he isn't skilled like Jim and Bruce.  His IMDB (c) page picture is odd too.  Looks like Sean Connery maybe, and something laying on a table, and then a guy looking the other way.  Why would anyone (whether it's the actors selecting it or people who work at IMDB{c}) pick these things as their photo?  Clearly John Saxon was a huge star (I've seen him in Black Christmas, Nightmare on Elm St., and Tenebre), why would he not want his picture on his historical record?  This is starting to become odd.  I wonder if there is legal pieces I'm missing, as in if they can't get in touch with him for his approval, thus they have to put some odd picture up for his legacy.

So enough about my fascination with actor profiles.  Back to the movie.  Holy shit the scene in the basement/lair was down right awesome.  He is so good.

Also, for villains - Bolo Yeung (aka Sze Yang) is awesome.  I've definitely seen him before as well.

The end scene was like that one ridiculous scene from Kill Bill or Kill Bill 2.  But Enter the Dragon did it right.  It wasn't one against 100 like in Kill Bill.


No comments: