10 June 2012

the Gate #129 (B)

...something jolts you awake.  That's what they say will be needed for craziness via dream.  I just witnessed that phenomenon in The Gate.  It's apparently a good way to remember an astral event or whatever it's called.

I love that the mom and dad leave, and craziness ensues for a group of youngsters, yet they are so worried about having a good time on their "free" weekend that they don't want to tell anyone and just keep letting the craziness go forward.

Those little guys are so great!  It's like Subspecies only they are more involved with the movie.  I love it.  I also feel a hint of Goonies (even though I've never really seen the whole thing) and Terror Vision.

FYI, a young Stephen Dorff stars in The Gate...he must be like 9 years old or close to that.

A-hahaha, a dude just fell through the drywall.  Man, his friend takes a beating in this movie.  Dorff just lets him get sucked down into the gate and taken by the drywall monster.

For the record, all photos of this movie found on IMDB (c) (minus the ones of the cover picture) are in black and white for some reason.  Not sure why?  It is from 1986....so, that was pretty much before color.

Best scene, drywall monster takes boombox to the face from Steven Dorff, stuns him enough to fall straight to face, and explodes into little demons - about 12 of them.  HAHA!  Barbie doll to the eye - runner up.  Are these plot spoilers??

So, the overall take on this film by me is that I think this is a good movie for kids who are offically old enough to watch horrorish type movies.  Perhaps at like 16 or close?  I don't know.  But it's basically a journey that is for kids or people with minds like mine, aka an adult stuck in a child's mind.  LOL.  They do a good job with the creatures and the overall attack scenes.  I respectfully give this a B.

I watched this a month ago but am just realizing that I never published this post.  My bad.  It was seen on 5/8/12.


No comments: