23 June 2012

#139 Gor (B)

Now hold on....exactly 10 minutes in, why are they fighting with that jewel out in the open like that?

Roll over Magnum PI, here comes a real winner.  Gor is in the house!  Ok, going to push play again....starting just when he landed in that strange world after leaving his horrible past life, which basically was the torture of living in the 80's.  How much happier could this guy be?  Bullied, bothered, he knew and they wouldn't listen....BOOOOOM...now he's in Gor land.  Or, is he GOR????????

Surrounded by three crazily armed guys with medieval helmets and horses, this dude calls out, "I'm a physics professor...here, I'll show you my license."  What a tool bag.

Reminder to self, see Zardoz, Xeiram, Thor: Mighty Warrior, Star Crash, and Krull again.

best line ever...a la Tom Hanks in his best work....NO LIE, just believe in the story and what I'm saying, and it's as good as effing Tommy Hanks: "Are you friends with Norman......?  Did he put you up to this?"  Meanwhile, he just killed a freaking son of Solum.  He actually reminds me of a Will Ferrell type here, or Michael Cera.  Perhaps this film inspired Year One?  Ha!

I will say this about the movie Gor, it not only held my interest, but it made me feel as if I was on a wild ride.  I know I say this a lot but if you are willing to realize the genre and age of this movie, open your mind, and able to just jump in for a journey - then you will enjoy Gor.  However, for being PG, I do believe I saw boobs at one point...so that was unnecessary and didn't match the rating for sure.  It was almost a movie you could have your older young kids watch.  Almost like Krull, minus a boob.

Oh, by the way, Gor is the world he warps to after his car crash.  An odd name and I would have named him Gor for his Zarnian name.  Shit, the dude learned to outlast the Outlaws and Nomads!  He deserves an awesome name.





No comments: