08 January 2012

Valkyrie #95 (C+)

Wait....Himler?  I thought Nostradamus was 'right', also known as 'close enough' by saying Himler instead of Hitler?  And everyone said he meant Hitler and then they all said, "look how smart he is" etc.??  But per this movie, both of them existed in amongst history together?  Seriously?  Can someone tell me if there really was both of these guys?  ...And then I guess the next thing I want to know is do people who talk about Nostradamus just ignore the fact that Himler existed?

I think I'm not a war movie fan.  In general.  At least not a fan of war movies built solely around plot and planning.  But I am a fan of war movies full of action, like Missing in Action or Rambo II.  I did sort of like this movie, but I suppose it wasn't my favorite.  I couldn't get past Tom Cruise being in it, aka the Tom Cruise effect.  But he did an okay job.  I guess I'll give this a C+.  The action started after mid-way through, but I guess that was the point.  Build up the plot for a bit and then try to blow someone up (Hitler and Himler) and then run, and then hide, and then lie about it all.  Yeah, that's about right.  Okay, I'm done with this review.  I've been writing it for 2 days and it still isn't very good...so I'm just finished.

Now off to write the review from yesterday's movie: Red.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that Nostradamus predicted "Hisler" and not 'Himler" for "Hitler". Maybe I am wrong. Good day.

Chris aka Q to the Slice said...

Yes, you might be right sir. If so, please ignore that paragraph. Have a good one.