21 January 2012

98 / The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (A)

I had a slight reluctancy going to watch this "remake".  With all of the hype for the foreign version, and then me watching and not loving said foreign version (here's my write-up) - I honestly didn't think I would like the US remake version.  A true test would be for me to rewatch the scandinavian thriller tonight, but I won't be doing that.  I think this version, the US version, was much better after having seen both.

2011 tied the relationship of Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara together much better as well as showed a lot more of how the dragon girl got her clues and went about her everyday work as a sleuth/detective of sorts.  That was the much needed plot building that I thought the foreign version lacked.

I cannot believe that the girl who played the lead was the same girl as the girlfriend on the Facebook (c) movie.  That is crazy.  She totally transformed herself and was a true badass in the movie.  A few scenes stand out - for instance when someone tried to take her computer bag in the subway...that 30 seconds of cinema was truly awesome and definitely left the viewer knowing how bad of an ass she was.

The Orinoco Flow scene was wild....and because of the music, it was reminiscent of American Psycho in ways.

No comments: