04 July 2012

#143 Trick 'r Treat (B+)

Very cool to see Ricky Bobby's wife in a horror movie.  As well as seeing Brian Cox and Anna Paquin - who is very good at acting, seriously, especially when compared to the other girls in her posse - she is just leaps better at showing emotions and playing the character.  Also Dylan Baker - I suppose I know him from Happiness and other minor roles.  I actually thought he was Christopher McDonald the entire movie and then realized at the end that he wasn't.  His role was twisted.

At one point there is a party going on in the movie and they are listrening to "Feels Good" by Toni Tone Tony.  Nice!

Another random fact: I started watching this on January 7th, and then realized it was leaving instant stream and that I better watch it, because it was recommended by someone or a podcast.

My final thought on this flick was that it seemed that everyone was evil, but yet everyone got tracked down and killed.  I believe I need to watch again to verify if that was the case.  The bipedal dogman scene was wicked!


To be clear, I saw Trick 'r Treat (2008) not to be confused with Trick or Treat (1986).   However, Trick or Treat from the mid-80's looks like it could very well be a super win.  Can Ozzy or Gene act?  This might be the funniest thing ever if they did it right.  Awh!  I can't get it.  Darn.  It's not available.  Oh well.  Again, I did not see:



No comments: