12 July 2012

The Skin I Live In / #145 (A-)

Quite a movie.  Bizarre as expected.  Twisted.....as expected.  The trailer let me know immediately that this one would be a winner.  Basically I had a great time watching this wild ride.  I cannot say much about it though, for fear of ruining the plot.  I can tell you that Antonio Bandandaros is in this flick, and there are subtitles.  Let's see, what else can I say?  The basic gist is that he's some sort of surgeon, he and his friends.  Think...similar to Warhol's Flesh for Frankenstein, kind of.  But a totally different plot basis and no 'off with his head' scenes.  Well, I guess there is one.

I've had this and Ex Drummer at home since March and April respectively.  I figured, it's about hella time that I sit down and watch them.  This is the longest I've not watched an at home flick since the Thing sat on my DVD player for 2 years collecting dust.  LOL.  Ex Drummer is causing some additional issues as I try to finish it.  But at least I finally got through The Skin I Live In and it was well worth it.  Also I was jonesing to see Cronos by Del Toro, so that also partially motivated me to finish those May and April arrivals.

Here's a great scene from the movie where Antonio is getting out his box of multiple shaped dildos:


No comments: